The winter 2022 window has been open since January 1, and there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumors, whereabouts and, of course, the deals!
TOP STORY: PSG see Dembele as Mbappe’s replacement
Paris Saint-Germain is preparing to live without Kylian MbappÃ© as he enters the last six months of his contract, with reports that they are considering moving to Ousmane Dembele if he does not accept an extension at Camp Nou, according to Le 10 Sport.
The Barcelona star, whose career has been marked by injuries since arriving in Catalonia, is well and truly back in the squad under new manager Xavi Hernandez. But after the Blaugrana Recently secured the signing of Ferran Torres for a sum of 55 million euros, the representatives of the 24-year-old winger are now calling for a sharp increase in his salary.
And PSG is ready to take advantage of it. Like Barcelona, ââthe Ligue 1 club face similar contractual uncertainty with Mbappe, and with little progress on a new deal, they see Dembele as a potential successor if they manage to land him as a free transfer this summer.
– FC 100: Messi, Lewandowski are n Â° 1; Dominatrix in the Premier League
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN + (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Southampton would win race for Fleetwood Town defender James hill. The 19-year-old center-back has been spotted by players like Barcelona and Liverpool in recent months, but TeamTalk reports it was the Saints who made their way to pole position in the race for his signing.
– Galatasaray is interested in a move to Krzysztof Piatek, according to Rudy galetti. The 26-year-old striker has not been in good form this season, having scored just one goal in nine Bundesliga appearances for Hertha Berlin. The Turkish Super Lig club want to acquire him under a loan agreement, negotiations between the two clubs are ongoing.
– AS Roma has identified Almamy Toure as an alternative if they can’t strike a deal for Arsenal Ainsley Maitland Niles. Calciomercato writes that the 25-year-old Eintracht Frankfurt defender will be available for less than â¬ 8million, with Jose Mourinho’s side keen to acquire a right-back. TourÃ© has already represented France at youth level, and as a French citizen, the Serie A club are able to sign him while saving a place as a non-EU player.
– Nicolas Tagliafico could leave Ajax in January, according to Fabrice Romano, and there are already a slew of Premier League clubs chasing his signing. Aston Villa, Newcastle United and Chelsea have all been linked with the 29-year-old left-back, although it is reported that talks have yet to start with the Eredivisie side.
– Toronto FC continue their transfer activities and return to Serie A for reinforcements. Nicolo schira reveals that the MLS club have increased their contract offer to Mimmo Criscito, after the Genoa captain previously rejected the opportunity to move to the United States. .