Paytm’s parent company, One97 Communications, has announced a partnership with Piramal Finance (formerly Piramal Capital and Housing Finance) to expand merchant loan distribution to smaller towns and villages in India.
The partnership will expand Paytm’s loan distribution business through Piramal Finance branches across India. Under this partnership, traders can obtain loans of up to Rs 10 lakh with a tenure of 6 to 24 months.
Here’s how merchants can get loans on the Paytm for Business app
1. Select the “Business Loan” option on the home screen of the Paytm for Business app and enter the loan amount.
2. Enter information such as loan amount, amount to be disbursed, total to be paid, daily installment, term, etc.
3. Confirm the details and click the checkbox and press “Start” to process
4. Here merchants can give consent to CKYC KYC details to complete loan application process
5. After that, you need to confirm personal information like PAN, date of birth and email address.
6. Credit score will be checked for loan eligibility and KYC details will be verified
7. The loan amount will be disbursed according to the amount selected by the merchant after the application is successfully verified
Commenting on the One97 Communications-Piramal Finance partnership, CEO Loans and Head of Payments at Paytm Bhavesh Gupta said, “We continue to see rapid growth across all of our loan products, where we give small town MSMEs access to digital credit. .”
“Many of these merchants are loyal Paytm customers and this partnership will strengthen our proposition through a mix of technology and network of branches located in Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities. Our ability to underwrite this segment and collect on local markets, coupled with Paytm’s digital access to this base, we believe we can offer compelling lending solutions,” said Piramal Finance MD Jairam Sridharan.